1. Some people encumber themselves with too much luggage when going on short trips.
2. Civic leaders have endorsed the rehabilitation project.
(A) turned down
3. The poet was endowed with remarkable genius.
4. The vigor of his opponent's attack enervated the young politician.
5. The boss was enfeebled by too much work.
6. The nineteenth amendment to the Constitution enfranchised American women.
(A) endowed with the right to vote
7. Crime is sometimes engendered by poverty.
8. The boy was engrossed in his studies.
9. The ribbons and lace will enhance the beauty of your attire.
10. Despite all the attempts to decipher the code, it remained an enigma.