1. Very few people will drone when they can live by honest labor.
2. None of us knew why her spirits drooped.
(C) became sad
3. The old man died but was supposed to be drowsing.
4. The miner does not regard his life asa life of drudgery.
(A) important work
(B) sacred mission
(C) holy occupation
(D) menial work
5. Do you think he is a dubious character ?
6. The duct got clogged with dirt.
7. Japan has been accused of dumping its steel to the United States.
(D) selling at a low price
8. The dunce was a butt of their jokes.
(A) serious person
(D) dull-witted person
9. The criminals were kept in lightless dungeons.
(D) underground prisons
10. The public is easily duped by extravagant claims in advertising.