1. The listeners were annoyed and bored by his discursive remarks.
(A) digressing; rambling
2. You have made enemies of all whom you disdain.
3. The passengers were disgruntled by the numerous delays.
4. His disheveled appearance will hurt his chance in the interview.
5. The fans were disillusioned by his sloppy acting.
6. Some areas were disinfected as soon as the typhoon was over.
(B) cleansed of germs
(C) carried away
7. With the rise of nationalism, the colonial empires disintegrated
8. The only disinterested person in the room was the judge.
9. She looks dismal today.
10. The old steamer was sent to the dock to be dismantled.
(B) taken apart