1. Many chefs attribute their culinary skills to the wise use of spices.
2. Every month the farmer culls the nonlaying hens from his flock and sells them tot he local butcher.
(C) picks out
3. The manager has reached the culmination of his career.
(D) apex; acme
4. Corrupt politicians who condone the activities of the gamblers are equally culpable.
5. The culprit of the mess deserved punishment.
(A) guilty person
6. Buddhism includes many cults.
7. You'd better travel light; you will find your luggage very cumbersome.
8. The defeated people could not satisfy the cupidity of the conquerors.
9. Please curb your passions.
10. Terror curdled her blood.