1. In any loyal American's creed, love of democracy must be emphasized.
(A) statement of faith
2. The boys went wading in the creek.
3. The national emblem of Turkey is a crescent.
(A) shape of the moon in its first or last quarter
4. We were surprised at his reaction to the failure of his project; instead of being crestfallen, he was engaged in new plans.
5. The mountain climbers found footholes in the tiny crevices in the mountainside.
6. Their banner is crimson in color.
(A) navy blue
(B) deep red
(C) light green
7. Business was crippled by the strike.
8. She gave us a crisp reply.
9. Success in money-making is not always a good criterion of real success in life.
10. Frogs begin to croak when it gets warmer.
(A) make a deep, hoarse sound