1. The secretary is working in a cramped cubbyhole of an office.
2. The philosopher deplored the crass commercialism.
(B) grossly insensible
3. Most young people nowadays crave a college education.
4. The prisoner crawled through a hole and escaped.
5. Skateboarding is the latest craze in the United States.
6. The old man is living in a creaky old house.
7. The bachelor is always wearing a badly creased suit.
8. Don't place any credence in his promises.
9. Her academic credentials were excellent.
10. The witch doctor took advantage of the credulity of the superstitious natives.
(A) readiness to believe