1. Foreigners frequently are unaware of the connotations of the words they use.
(A) explicit meanings
(B) implied meanings
2. The boy felt happy because he had done a conscientious piece of work.
(A) upright ; honest
3. We had better consecrate our lives to noble purposes.
4. It rained for five consecutive days.
5. The consensus indicates that we will not enter into this pact.
(A) in harmony
(B) general agreement
6. Say something, or he will take your silence for consent.
7. Kissinger used to be a consequential man in the field of international diplomacy.
8. Energy should be conserved.
9. We'll consign the goods by express.
10. Time is said to be able to console anyone's grief.