1. They were clamoring for war, but it was simply a bluff.
2. The gangsters had a clandestine meeting.
3. The Japanese people are said to be very clannish
4. The judge was noted for his clemency toward first offenders.
5. High school compositions are often marred by such clichés as " strong as an ox. "
(A) worn-out expressions
(B) creative phrases
(C) amusing remarks
(D) new words
6. Some people use patriotism as a cloak for making money.
7. The machinery was clogged with thick oil and dirt.
8. The playboy was cloyed with pleasure.
9. Fingerprints are the best clues for the investigation.
10. Harry is a clumsy boy constantly stumbling over his own feet.