1. They call the scenic spot Blithe Dale.
2. Blizzard is expected this winter.
3. The prospective promotion has bloated his ego to an alarming degree.
(B) swelled up
4. A blockade was enforced as soon as an accident took place.
5. His involvement in the corruption has become a blot on his character.
6. The cop holding a bludgeon was walking down the street.
(A) cudgel, club
7. The grocer bluffed the robber with a unloaded gun.
(A) deceived; fooled
8. To avoid making social blunders, you have to be familiar with norms and mores.
9. Time blunts the edge of sorrow.
10. Bias blurred him to the truth.