1. His pleasant ways beguiled everyone into thinking he was a good man.
2. The volcano belched smoke and ashes.
3. President Carter has been beleaguered with problems at home and abroad.
4. He is in a bellicose mood.
5. The minister made a belligerent reply to a diplomatic note.
6. When summer comes, the sun is no benediction here.
7. All the children in the neighborhood will be the beneficiaries of the new playground.
8. They organized a benevolent club to help the underprivileged.
9. Everybody likes the benign old lady.
10. One age bequeaths its civilization to the next.
(B) hands down