1. Drink has become the bane of his life.
2. She was advised to banish fear a anxiety.
(B) cast out
3. The pilferer started to run away and barged into a passer-by.
4. The announcement was met with a barrage of protests.
5. What is the use of such a barren discussion.
6. Ancients used to barter one thing for another.
7. Taiwan is one of the strongest anti-communism bastions in the world.
8. The baby bawled and kicked when its bottle was taken away.
9. There is a beacon on the hill to warn of danger.
10. The merchant sent his ships wherever profit beckoned.