1. They voted to adjourn the meeting.
2. John admonished his brother against being late.
3. We all adore Charlie Brown.
4. Robin Hood was said to wear a hat adorned with feathers.
5. The workman is adroit in handling machinery.
(B) dexterous ; skilled
6. The politician enjoys public adulation.
7. The advent of spring makes the birds hilarious.
8. A courageous man smiles in the face of adversity. (A) misfortune ; distress
9. Some parents advocate keeping the children at school as long as possible.
10. An affable countenance is pleasing to everybody.